++Randomness++

Friday, June 06, 2008

There are many types of drunks in this world. There is the talkative drunk, the confessional drunk, the silent drunk, the weepy drunk, the giggly drunk, the can't-tell-if-they're-drunk drunk, among others. And there's me--the merlion drunk.

Mom don't know this (SHH!!! =3) but it all happened yesterday, when I went drinking with jess and shaf at Clarke Quay. Me and jess went to Gotham (Block A 3rd floor) to wait for shaf first coz she gets off work around 11 plus. There's a 1-for-1 offer on all jugs and so we got 2 jugs of bourbon coke to pass our time. There's also the lovely dance troupe Odyssey. They are hot =3

The thing is, before the Odyssey (heehee... The Odyssey...) started their performance, jess finished her jug and I drank like half a jug in 1 hour. I offered her my half-jug and she declined so I had to finish $11 worth of bourbon coke. Therefore, by the end of their short performance, I was totally tipsy and more than a lil high--more on the verge of being wasted, except I still know what's my name and where I am. Got groped repeatedly by jess too.

The clock struck midnight and shaf came. We got out of Gotham and went to meet her at the entrance of MoS. I stumbled out of there in a relatively straight line and less than 2m down, I threw up. Spectacularly. I prolly brought out both my lunch and dinner in that dustbin beside the fountain. I recall vague commentaries from people sitting around the fountain about how "that girl's puking her guts out". Way to go, Captain Obvious-es. Good thing they have a toilet nearby for me to wash my face and rinse my mouth.

Went to MoS, danced more than I ever will (where'd all my inhibitions gone?). Got groped again by jess--she's just taking advantage of me in my drunken state. I knew it. =__= shaf got groped by jess too and she hasn't even had a sip of anything alcoholic yet. Puked again while shaf was getting herself something to drink. Vodka lime was it? I remember something pale and murky. They offered but I declined. Don't think I can handle any more alcohol that night. Don't think I can handle any more bobbing to hiphop tunes if it's gonna make me turn my stomach inside out like a frog can.

So we left MoS a lil later. Bought water at 7-11 and attempted to sober up at Liang Court's McD. That's like the 3rd McD I've been in within the last 24hrs. As much as the potato-flavored salt known as McD fries is loaded with carbohydrates that is useful in countering alcohol in my system, I couldn't bring myself to eat any--lest I puke again. I'm tempted to get dramamine the next time I go clubbing but dw made a valid observation by pointing out how pills and alcohol don't really mix. Right. Got it.

Jess had fun messaging and calling people she know. I think her entire circle of friends now know that I upchucked after a jug of bourbon coke. =_________=

Caught a cab home and shaf commented how this is like the earliest she'd be home after clubbing. Sorry for being such a lousy drunk. Heehee... I really thought I could hold my liquor since I don't feel any buzz after like 2-3 glasses of the usual JD & coke. Well, apparently not. :P Think I'm gonna stick to 1 glass per club from now on.

Got home, bro complained how I stank of my poison and other unidentified odor that he'd rather not identify so I went to bathe. Asked him today how bad I smelt and he rated it 7 or 8 out of 10. Guh... I didn't smell a thing at all but he's been known to have a keener sense of smell than I do. Do alcohol screw with sense of smell? Which also means that I moshed in MoS smelling like bourbon and vomit. Guh... That's embarrassing. I'm really gonna stick to just 1 glass per club from now on. 1140ml of bourbon coke in less than 2 hours is pushing it upwards and outwards... from my stomach to my mouth. =__=

Didn't notice the message lz sent at midnight until I got home but couldn't be bothered to check my results before I have a good night's sleep. Slept around 3am praying I wouldn't get a hangover and got woken up at 9.30 to check. Woohoo! I got the best grades I'd gotten throughout my 3 years in NTU. Got a 2nd class (lower) honors for my trouble. Was expecting 3rd class or 2nd lower but would be happy to get away with a just pass, so I'm ok with what I'd gotten. lz was disappointed at not getting a 2nd upper despite having 3 A's this semester. Said she's gotten too many C's for her A's to cover. Well, I'd gotten more C's and D's and less A's and B's than her so I deserve to get a 2nd lower (or *pause* lower... sorry, bad pun :p).

Brought maid to wire money back home. Her younger bro's tuition fee for the semester is hanging in the balance. Turns out, Mary Grace is quite the talkative one. She's also rather inquisitive and isn't shy in asking question to satisfy her curiosity. Her birthday's 5 days after bro's and like him, she's terribly afraid of heights. Said she held onto the window grills so tightly when she first had to clean our windows (we live on the 7th floor). Squeezed her eyes shut equally tight too. Lol!

Went to Downtown East's new E!hub's Kbox for some quality song-butchering with aunt and cousins. 2 hours isn't really enough but I guess the opening promo and the giving out of FOC member cards are a rather good deal. Mom met up with us after our KTV session for dinner there. Food's not as yummy as I'd hoped but it's a decent filling meal so not really complaining. :P

And finally, I leave you with this. Not quite there yet--based solely on the fact that I remember enough to account for my night out yesterday. Hee...
You know you're a drunkard when...


2 shots

2 Comments:

Thats a helluva long entry. Then again, all your entries are long. Haha!

Did I mention that Jess kept bitching about how you were bragging you could hold your drink well... *winks

By Blogger JuZtYn, at 5:26 PM  

Yea... I bet her phone calls were along that lines too. =_____= The whole world knows I'm a merlion drunk yet? :P

Hmm... Well I didn't brag that I could hold my liquor... I just said that she's lousy for being dizzy after a glass of the chivas regal in my house.

By Blogger bleu, at 5:55 PM  

Post a Comment


x--profiles
+3sa T
part time thief, full time liar+

x--taggie
+currently flooded by spams
(use the comments to leave me a message)+

x--comments
+click on '0 shots' to reply my lonely posts+

x--linkies
juicy juztyn
jessie jess
sweet stephie
incredible irene
neurotic natjie

Cody's Handmade Leather
zesty zoe

blog me
skin me
interest me
me scribbles

x--archives
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2012
March 2012
April 2012
May 2012
June 2012
July 2012
August 2012